I was on my solo trip to Jibhi and after spending 4 days there, I suddenly think of Kasol and overnight I decided to leave for Kasol next day.
So this is how I reach from Jibhi, Read my complete solo trip to Jibhi
Jibhi -> Banjar -> Bhuntar -> Kasol
From Bhuntar you have to change the bus for K
I started at morning around 12 pm as I waited for Bus for one hour and after that, I reached Kasol around 5 pm, when I get down from the bus and seen the mountain views of Parvati valley, I thought my decision for Kasol was right.
I didn’t booked anything and just had a chat with @magicalkasol and he helped me out with stay, so first I had hot momos and started trekking for
Chalal which is at walking distance from Kasol where several homestays available. I started trekking with my heavy bag. I can see a
From Kasol to Chalal you have to trek and it is worth. don’t worry Parvati river will run along with you, you will pass from dense forest and a time comes when in the whole jungle only you were standing right among the tall trees and only sound of the river flow. it was scary and adventures at the same time. So I was too late for
Next Day I started Early in the morning and explored all around the bridge, River, Hot spring, Market and local school of Chalal.
I met some other travelers too, we talk, we eat and discussed the place and in the evening I departed for Kullu and started my Chandrakheni Pass trek with @trekogram.
So this is how to Plan your Kasol Trip:
- Best Season is every season, I went in late December.
- You can reach to Bhuntar from any place like Kullu, Manali and from Bhuntar you can reach Kasol, try to reach in daylight so you can easily find the place to stay.
- HRTC buses are best, cheap and also you will see some stunning views of Himachal. I met with a girl we do some chit-chat and I earned one friend while traveling locally.
- You can either stay at Kasol or Chalal, lots of homestays available starting from 500* depends on the season. OYO rooms are also available
- You will get veg/non-veg food easily, Rajma-Chawal, Khadi-Chawal must try, some cafes and bars (good music, high rates) are around to spend your evening.
- ATM and Wine shop available at the main market, lots of street shopping you can buy some cool stuff from there.
- Good connectivity of Buses and phone network, just ask about bus timings in prior
- You can spend any number of days at Kasol
- Weed, Yes this is an important thing about Kasol, but Kasol is beyond that. one who is looking for it will get.
- Kasol is a perfect place to spend some good time with yourself.
More Places To see Around:
- Tosh, Pulga, Tulga.
Katagla– Beautiful villages around
- Kheerganga Trek, connect with @magicalkasol
- Don’t miss Manikaran Gurudwara with hot spring
Grahan, A beautiful village just 7 km trek from Kasol, connect with Ghanshyam’s Place for a complete guide, stay, trek and place to see around.
- Malana, Rasol : You can
alsotrek to these villages.
Read more experience about my first solo trip: